Thursday, November 10, 2016
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Morrison & Foerster LLP
250 West 55th Street
New York, NY 10019
Join a panel of experts from Stikeman Elliott LLP for a presentation and an engaged discussion of Canadian regulatory and legal developments affecting trading in derivatives with financial institutions, public mutual funds and other Canadian counterparties, including:
- Current issues in derivatives trade reporting;
- Margin requirements for non-centrally cleared derivatives–an overview of OSFI E-22 and CSA Consultation Paper 95-401;
- Future use of the ISDA Regulatory Margin Self-Disclosure Letter and the ISDA Variation Margin Protocol by market participants in Canada;
- Recent amendments to legislation affecting netting and collateral enforcement involving federal deposit taking institutions;
- Domestic recognized clearing agency recovery plans;
- Anticipated derivatives dealer/large derivatives participant registration regime;
- Considerations involving transactions with public mutual funds;
- The proposed alternative investment fund regime; and
- Implications of changes to personal property security laws affecting cash collateral.
The session will be hosted at the offices of Morrison & Foerster LLP and moderated by Morrison & Foerster lawyers.
For more information, or to register, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.