Tuesday, June 6, 2017
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. EDT
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. BST
The date for implementation of the new EU Regulation on indices used as benchmarks in financial instruments is January 1, 2018, which is rapidly approaching. The new Regulation will have a major impact on securities or other financial contracts in the EU that reference a financial benchmark (which is likely to include some customized proprietary indices).
Our speakers will be joined by representatives of IHS Markit who will share their perspectives and address issues facing industry participants.
Topics Will Include:
- The principal features of the new Regulation and issues that need to be addressed by market participants;
- The effect on benchmarks administered outside the EU; and
- The relevant provisions of the Regulation and its practical implications for benchmark administrators, users and contributors.
- Mark Schaedel, IHS Markit
- David Cook, IHS Markit
- Peter Green, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Jeremy Jennings-Mares, Morrison & Foerster LLP
For more information, or to register, please click here.
CLE credit is pending for California and New York.